If you love ice cream, you will love these ice cream crafts! We have collected 30 fun ice cream crafts and arts for kids of all ages, from toddlers and preschoolers to older kids. You can make all kinds of ice cream crafts with these ideas, such as paper ice cream cones, handprint cards, ice cream art projects, and even ice cream magnets for a fun summer activity.
These ice cream crafts are easy and enjoyable for kids to make. They come with clear instructions and pictures to guide you along. You only need some simple materials like cardboard, cupcake liners, pom poms, and cotton balls to create your own ice cream crafts.
Some of the most popular crafts are the three-scoop ice cream cone craft, the scented ice cream cone bookmarks, and the paper plate ice cream crafts. These crafts are not only entertaining but also educational. They help kids improve their fine motor skills, unleash their creativity, and express themselves.
Plus, for kids who like technology, there are printable ice cream crafts such as the paper mosaic ice cream cone and the ice cream cone PDF templates. These ice cream arts and crafts will make learning more fun and interesting for kids. Start today and spice up your summer or classroom project with these awesome ice cream crafts!
Why Ice Cream is a Great Theme for Preschoolers and Toddlers
Ice cream is a delicious treat that most kids love, but it can also be a great theme for learning and exploring. You can use ice cream to teach preschoolers about colors, shapes, numbers, letters, senses, seasons, and more. For example, you can:
- Use different flavors and colors of ice cream to teach preschoolers about the rainbow. You can ask them to name the colors, match them with the flavors, and arrange them in order. You can also make a rainbow ice cream craft with paper or foam and glue.
- Use different shapes and sizes of ice cream cones and scoops to teach preschoolers about geometry. You can ask them to place the shapes, compare them with the sizes, and count them. You can also make a shape ice cream craft with felt or cardboard and scissors.
- Use different letters and words related to ice cream to teach preschoolers about the alphabet. You can ask them to recognize the letters, sound them out, and spell them. You can also make a letter ice cream craft with magnets or stickers and paper.
- Use different senses to experience ice cream in different ways. You can ask them to smell, taste, touch, see, and hear ice cream. You can also make a sensory ice cream craft with real or fake ice cream and various toppings.
- Use different seasons and occasions to celebrate with ice cream. You can ask them to relate ice cream to different weather, holidays, and events. You can also make a seasonal ice cream craft with paper or clay and paint.
Ice cream is a versatile and engaging theme that can make learning fun for preschoolers. They will enjoy making ice cream crafts and arts while developing their cognitive, language, and motor skills.
How to Choose the Best Materials for Ice Cream Crafts
Choose different materials for making ice cream crafts based on their pros and cons. Think about how long they last, how much they cost, how easy they are to find, and how safe they are for kids. For example:
- Your ice cream craft’s purpose. Use foam or felt for lasting crafts; real or fake ice cream for edible crafts; paper or cardboard for display crafts; clay or play dough for play crafts; real or fake ice cream for real crafts; paper or foam for creative crafts.
- Your ice cream craft’s difficulty level. Use paper or cardboard for easy crafts; foam or felt for hard crafts; paper or cardboard for cutting/shaping crafts; foam or felt for gluing/painting crafts; clay or play dough for many-step crafts; real or fake ice cream for few-step crafts.
- Your ice cream craft materials’ availability and cost. Use paper or cardboard if you have them at home; foam or felt if you need to buy them; real or fake ice cream if you have enough of them; clay or play dough if you need more of them; paper or cardboard if they are expensive; foam or felt if they are cheap.
- Your ice cream craft materials’ safety. Use paper or cardboard if they are safe for kids to use; foam or felt if they need adult help; real or fake ice cream if they are safe for kids to touch; clay or play dough if they need gloves; real ice cream if they are safe for kids to eat; fake ice cream if they need to be thrown away.
How to Avoid Common Mistakes When Making Ice Cream Crafts
Making ice cream crafts can be a lot of fun, but it can also be frustrating if you make some common mistakes. Here are some tips to avoid them:
- Don’t use too much glue or paint. They can make your craft look messy or take too long to dry. Use a small amount of glue or paint and spread it evenly over your surface. You can also use a brush or a sponge to apply them more smoothly and thinly.
- Don’t cut out your shapes too big or too small. They can make your craft look disproportionate or unstable. Use a template or a ruler to measure the right size of your shapes. You can also use a pencil or a marker to trace them before cutting them out.
- Don’t mix up your colors or flavors. They can make your craft look confusing or unappetizing. Use a color wheel or a flavor chart to choose the best combinations of colors or flavors for your ice cream craft. You can also use labels or tags to name your colors or flavors.
- Don’t forget to add details and decorations. They can make your craft look more realistic and attractive. Use different materials and techniques to add texture, dimension, and personality to your ice cream craft. You can also use stickers, stamps, or drawings to add patterns, faces, or words to your ice cream craft.
By avoiding these common mistakes, you’ll be able to make ice cream crafts that look more professional and appealing. You’ll also be able to enjoy the process more and have more fun.
How to Display and Share Your Ice Cream Crafts
After you finish making your ice cream crafts, you might want to display them in your room or share them with others. Here are some ideas:
- You can hang them on a wall or a door with tape or hooks. This is a great way to show off your ice cream crafts and decorate your space. You can arrange them in a row, a column, a grid, a circle, or any other shape you like. You can also mix and match different types of ice cream crafts, such as paper, foam, felt, clay, etc.
- You can place them on a shelf or a table with stands or holders. This is another great way to display your ice cream crafts and make them look more realistic and delicious. You can use cups, cones, bowls, plates, trays, boxes, baskets, jars, etc as stands or holders for your ice cream crafts. You can also add some napkins, spoons, straws, etc as accessories.
- You can put them in a frame or a shadow box with glass or plastic. This is an elegant way to preserve and protect your ice cream crafts from dust and damage. You can use any size and shape of a frame or shadow box that fits your ice cream crafts. You can also add some background paper, fabric, stickers, etc as decoration.
- You can give them as gifts or cards with messages or names. This is a sweet way to share your ice cream crafts and express your feelings to someone. You can write or print some messages or names on your ice cream crafts or on a separate card. You can also wrap them with some tissue paper, ribbon, or cellophane.
- You can take pictures of them and post them on social media or send them to friends. This is a fun way to share your ice cream crafts and show your creativity to the world. You can use your phone, camera, or computer to take pictures of your ice cream crafts. You can also use some filters, stickers, or captions to edit your pictures.
By displaying and sharing your ice cream crafts, you’ll be able to enjoy them more and make others happy. You’ll also be able to inspire others to make their own ice cream crafts.
1. Printable 3D Paper Ice Cream Template
Get creative with this fun and easy-to-follow guide on making a 3D paper ice cream craft. Use the printable template to make a ‘pop-out’ effect and decorate your ice cream artwork with your favorite flavor, toppings, and even a cherry on top.
With a few basic supplies like card stock, tissue paper, and a glue stick, you can make a unique and colorful decoration for your wall, perfect for summer or any time of year. So grab your scissors and pens, and let’s get crafty! thecrafttrain
2. DIY Ice Cream Handprint Cards
Learn how to make an adorable ice cream handprint card for someone you love this summer with this easy-to-follow guide. Using just a few materials like colored cardstock, cotton balls, glue, and pom-poms, you can make a unique and creative card to make the perfect gift for any occasion.
Follow the instructions to make the card and add a clever saying inside, like “You’re the coolest” or “You make me melt.” This craft is perfect for kids and adults and is a fun way to get creative this summer! ideasforkids
3. How to Make a Textured Ice Cream
This summer, engage your kids with a fun and creative craft activity by making textured ice cream cones using recycled cardboard and basic art supplies.
Enhance fine motor skills and early math skills by turning it into a counting activity with pom poms and tongs. Watch the easy-to-follow how-to video and enjoy this process art with your little ones. Get creative with this unique and inexpensive craft that will bring joy and smiles to your kids’ faces. maternalhobbyist
4. Making Ice Cream Magnets for Summer
Are you looking for a fun summer DIY? These adorable DIY ice cream magnets are the perfect addition to your fridge and are easy to make with just a few supplies. All you need is plaster of Paris, acrylic paint, a silicone ice cream mold, strong magnets, and hot glue. Mix up your plaster, fill the mold, and let it set.
Then paint your ice cream with your favorite colors, attach a magnet to the back, and voila! You have a cute and functional summer craft that is perfect for all ages. Get ready to bask in the sunshine and all summer’s fun with these sweet treats on your fridge! akailochiclife
5. DIY Three Scoop Ice Cream Cone for Kids
Get ready for a summer craft with this fun and creative ice cream cone kid’s craft! Using brown construction paper, brown washi tape, scissors, glue sticks, and various items from your craft bag, make a delicious-looking ice cream cone that leaves plenty of room for imagination.
Crafting is a fun activity and an essential part of child development, so be sure to check out the free printable and get started. Follow the step-by-step instructions and make your unique version of this adorable ice cream cone kid’s craft that your family will love. kidscrafts
6. Colorful Cardboard Ice Cream Cone Craft
Celebrate National ice cream day with this fun, colorful cardboard cone craft for kids! Follow the instructions to make an adorable prop or decoration using cardboard, scissors, paint, and old magazines.
This craft is enjoyable and educational, allowing children to work on color recognition and counting while practicing their scissors skills. afunlife
7. DIY Scented Ice Cream Cone Bookmarks
Make reading more fun and colorful with these DIY ice cream cone bookmarks! Using the free printable templates and white cardstock, color and cut out the ice cream cones to make a fun bookmark for all your reading needs. To add an extra sensory experience, use crayons to color the cones with various scents and colors.
This activity is perfect for keeping kids entertained during spring break or whenever they need a creative outlet. So, print out the ice cream cone bookmark templates and let the fun begin! niftymom
8. Awesome DIY Puffy Paint Ice Cream Cone
Were you looking for a fun summer activity for kids? Try this DIY puffy paint ice cream cone art project. Your child can make their own unique frozen treat craft using only a few supplies like recycled cardboard, foam shaving cream, and food coloring.
This activity is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, elementary kids, teens, and adults. Follow the instructions to make your puffy paint ice cream cone with fun toppings like real sprinkles and pom poms. afunlife
9. Cupcake Liner Ice Cream Cone Art
Make a fun and easy craft with your kids using this cupcake Liner ice cream cone tutorial! Your children will love makingunique ice cream art with simple supplies like cupcake liners, construction paper, glue, and sprinkles.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to draw, cut, and assemble the cone, then let your kids go wild with decorating. This activity is perfect for home, school, or camp and will satisfy any sweet tooth. Celebrate their creative accomplishment with a real ice cream treat! kidsactivities
10. Creative Paper Plate Ice Cream Craft
Beat the summer heat with this fun and easy ice cream art project for kids. Using simple materials such as paper plates, cardstock, scissors, and glue, your little ones can make their own unique waffle bowl ice cream sundae.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to make the process a breeze, and let your kids get creative with their flavors and toppings. This craft is perfect for National ice cream month but can be enjoyed any time of the year. afunlife
11. Ice Cream Cone Banner With Paper Rosettes
Try making this adorable ice cream cone banner! Perfect for parties or seasonal decor, this DIY banner uses patterned scrapbook paper to make paper rosettes for each scoop of ice cream. Download the free printable pattern and SVG cut file, grab some colored and tan/brown paper, hot glue, and yarn, and follow the easy step-by-step instructions to make your ice cream cone banner.
This papercraft is perfect for national ice cream month in July and can be completed in a short amount of time! cheerfully
12. Free Printable Paper Mosaic Ice Cream Cone
Make a summer-themed craft with this easy and delightful paper ice cream cone mosaic project. Gather construction paper, scissors, and a glue stick to make mosaic tiles. Print out or draw an ice cream cone template, cut out your pieces, and glue the mosaic tiles onto your cone and scoops.
Assemble and top it off with paper sprinkles and a cherry for a finishing touch. This fun and colorful craft is perfect for all ages and an ideal way to keep kids entertained during summer. Make a unique ice cream cone mosaic that looks good enough to eat! pinterested
13. Torn Paper Ice Cream Craft for Kindergarten
Get your kids excited for summer with this torn paper ice cream craft that’s easy to make and great for fine motor skills. Using our free ice cream template, this activity is perfect for classrooms, preschoolers, or at home with your child.
All you need is some colored or scrap paper, glue, and the template, which you can print as many copies as you like. Tear up the paper and place it on the ice cream cone to color in the area. You can also try different shapes and colors to make it unique. craftsonsea
14. DIY Puffy Paint Ice Cream for Preschoolers
Try making a super cute ice cream craft that looks almost good enough to eat! This puffy paint ice cream project is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders and includes two kid-favorite techniques.
Start by making a bubble wrap print to make the cone, then personalize your ice cream with delicious flavors made from white glue, shaving cream, and food coloring. With this easy recipe, you can make one scoop or a whole classroom’s ice cream cones to delight kids of all ages! playandlearn
15. DIY Pretend Play Ice Cream Cones
Make your own adorable DIY ice cream cones with this fun and easy guide! Using materials like Plaster of Paris, Styrofoam balls, and paper mache cones, kids can make their own pretend-to-play ice cream cones with endless hours of imaginative play.
Follow the instructions and add your creative touch with colorful craft paint and mini pom-poms for sprinkles. These cute cones won’t melt and are perfect for mini celebrations or pretend play activities. hellowonderful
16. Printable Ice Cream Cone PDF Template
Are you seeking a fun and creative activity to keep children busy during summer break? Check out this free printable double-scoop ice cream template! Let your little one’s color and label their own unique ice cream designs, helping to develop their fine motor skills, color recognition, focus, and creativity.
This simple activity is perfect for preschoolers and provides endless hours of fun. Remember to laminate their finished art to make a forever memory. Are you looking for more ideas? Use this template to make ice cream party decorations, craft a paper plate, or read fun storybooks. Get the template and start creating! momproject
17. Ice Cream Art and Craft
This project shows you how to make a cute ice cream cone decoration using basic materials like cotton rounds, brown paint, sprinkles, and clear glue. With simple step-by-step instructions, this craft activity is perfect for preschool and older-aged children to work on their fine motor skills and creativity.
The best part? No ice cream cone template is needed, so kids can freehand their designs and personalize their creations with their favorite colors. This DIY ice cream cone craft is a great way to spend time with little ones and makes a cute gift idea for family and friends. theanalytical
18. Cotton Ball Ice Cream Activity Craft for Preschools
This cotton ball ice cream craft is a fun and easy summer activity that lets kids practice their fine motor skills while stimulating their imagination. With just a few simple materials like colored paper, cotton balls, scissors, glue, and yarn, children can make a delicious-looking ice cream cone and decorate it any way they want.
This craft activity is perfect for parents or teachers who want to incorporate learning into fun activities. Kids can work on counting the scoops of ice cream, adding or subtracting them, and even reading some fun books about ice cream while crafting. Let your kids get creative with this delightful ice cream craft! hellowonderful
19. DIY Pom Pom Ice Cream Cone
Are we looking for a fun summer activity to do with your kids? Check out this adorable pom-pom ice cream craft using a pom-pom maker set and rainbow yarn. With a printable template for the cones and step-by-step instructions, this craft is perfect for all the little ice cream lovers.
The finished product can be used as puppets, turned into a summer ice cream garland, or given as a gift. Get ready for a seriously fun and engaging crafting experience! oceanchild
20. Felt Ball Ice Cream Cone Keychains
This easy-to-follow tutorial teaches how to make your DIY felt ball ice cream cone keychains using colorful felt balls.
Materials needed include 2cm felt balls, tan felt sheet, other colors of felt sheets for the sprinkles, brown marker, hot glue, keychain parts, pliers, and an eye pin. The process involves cutting an unrolled cone shape out of the felt, gluing the edges together to form the felt cones, and hot gluing the felt balls into the cone and onto each other to make a multi-scoop cone. Add crosshatching lines to make the waffle cone look, and cut small pieces of colored felt to glue onto the felt balls as sprinkles.
The result is a cute and unique DIY felt ball ice cream cone keychain that can also be used as decorative magnets or cupcake decorations. akailochiclife
21. Cupcake Liner Ice Cream Art Project
Get creative with your kids this summer and make this fun and easy cupcake liner ice cream cone craft using just a few materials you probably already have at home! With step-by-step instructions and the option to add unique touches, this craft is perfect for all ages.
Flatten and glue three cupcake liners to form the ice cream scoop, then cut out a cone and cherry from cardstock paper and glue them on. Use a black Sharpie marker to add dimension to the cone, and let your kids decorate it with glitter, rhinestones, or scrapbook stickers to make it their own. Display proudly and enjoy the sweet summer fun! gluedtocrafts
22. DIY Pom Pom Ice Cream Necklaces
Get ready to satisfy your tooth with these adorable DIY mini ice cream cone necklaces! Using colorful pom poms and simple materials like markers and paper, you can make custom cones and mix and match flavors for a whole ice cream parlor’s worth of treats.
This activity is fun and creative for all ages, perfect for hot summer days or indoor crafting sessions. Plus, you can customize the necklaces to make key chains, brooches, and more. Follow the step-by-step guide and let your creativity run wild with this fun and unique project. charlotte
23. Ice Cream Chore Chart Outline
This project is a creative way to motivate your kids to do their chores. Check out this free printable chore chart template with ice cream cone rewards! With easy-to-follow instructions and minimal supplies needed, you can print this out at home and customize it for your family’s needs.
Encourage your kids to add scoops to their cones after completing tasks and choose a set number of scoops required for a prize. With a wide range of tasks suitable for kids aged 4-12, this chore chart is perfect for families looking for a fun and interactive way to get things done. designeatrepeat
24. I is for Ice Cream Craft With Hearts
Make adorable DIY ice cream cones with this step-by-step guide. This craft requires Kraft paper, glitter card stock, and a heart punch, perfect for Valentine’s Day or any occasion. Make the cone shape using a scoring board, then add diagonal lines for a waffle cone look.
Punch out hearts in different colors for the ice cream scoops, and attach them to the cone with hot glue. Finish with a handmade cherry using a circle punch and brown glitter paper, and add a heart-shaped rhinestone for extra flair. Use these cones as garlands, gift toppers, or unique shadow box art. whitehouse
25. Sponge Painted Ice Cream Craft for Toddlers
Make a fun and colorful summer craft for kids with this easy-to-follow guide on how to make a sponge-painted ice cream cone craft. All you need are sponges, construction paper, and colorful paints. Let your child’s imagination run as they mix and match colors to make their unique ice cream cone.
This activity is perfect for kids ages four and up and helps develop language, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and creativity. Follow along with the step-by-step instructions and make a mess in a medium-difficulty level craft that your kids will love. happyplaytime
26. DIY Ice Cream Sundaes Using Paper Mache
This fun and messy DIY project of making paper mâché ice cream sundaes are a great activity for kids. Using simple supplies such as cereal boxes, tin foil, newspaper, paper mâché paste, and tempera paint, this multi-step project provides a sensory experience that kids will love.
The finished product is a colorful and realistic-looking ice cream sundae complete with sprinkles and cherries, perfect for giving to dads as a gift. This informative and creative post provides step-by-step instructions on how to make this unique and fun craft. artbar
27. Ice Cream Cone Out of Construction Paper
This DIY project is a great way to practice numbers and colors while makingfun and unique creations. You’ll need construction paper in various colors, a pencil, scissors, a ruler, a plate, glue, popsicle sticks, craft paint, and stamping supplies.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to make a grid pattern on the ice cream cone, cut out the scoops of ice cream, and decorate them with toppings like pom poms, sequins, and gems. Let your imagination run wild with this 3D effect that’s sure to impress! Remember to listen to the Ice cream song while crafting. supersimple
28 Make Your Own Paper Ice Cream Cone
Are you looking for a creative craft idea? This easy origami tutorial teaches how to make a paper ice cream cone. All you need are a few basic materials and supplies to get started.
Follow the step-by-step instructions and make your own unique paper ice cream cone. This craft is perfect for kids and adults and is great for parties, fun, or unique decoration. Discover the cost-effective benefits of this DIY project today.
29. Easy DIY Paper Ice Cream for Kids
Want to make a unique and creative DIY project using a specific material? Look no further than this informative tutorial! Learn about the necessary tools, equipment, and ingredients required for the project and follow along with the detailed preparation and instructions provided.
Not only will you gain a new skill, but you’ll also enjoy the benefits of makingsomething truly one-of-a-kind. The main ingredient or material is prominently featured throughout the article, so you can be sure to optimize your search engine results.
30. Paper Ice Cream Craft Pattern
Get into the summer spirit with this easy and creative paper ice cream craft! You can make fun and colorful summer treats with just a few basic supplies, including paper, scissors, and glue.
Whether you’re looking for a fun activity with kids or want to get crafty on a sunny afternoon, this project will surely bring a smile to your face. Start crafting now and enjoy the sunny season!
Ice cream is a delicious treat that can inspire many creative and educational activities for kids. Whether you want to make your own ice cream, play with play-doh, paint with pom-poms, or practice your alphabet, there is an ice cream craft or activity for you. These 30 fun ice cream crafts and arts for kids (preschoolers) are perfect for summer fun or classroom projects. They will help your kids develop their fine motor skills, social skills, literacy skills, and math skills, while having a blast.
You can also enjoy reading some books about ice cream or having a taste test with different flavors and toppings. Ice cream crafts and activities are a great way to make learning more sweet and enjoyable for kids of all ages. Try some of these ice cream craft ideas today and see how much fun you can have with ice cream!🍦