Do you want to make your meditation or relaxation space more cozy and personal? Why not try making a DIY incense holder with your own hands? It’s a fun and satisfying way to make a useful accessory for your aromatherapy. Learn how to make an incense holder with these 25 homemade DIY incense holder ideas, including easy-to-follow instructions. You can choose from different styles, such as a clay incense holder with a terrazzo pattern or a concrete incense holder with a modern look. You can find a design that matches your taste and skill level.
For those passionate about the environment, consider crafting an incense holder using recycled vinyl records. If you seek charm, delve into the polymer clay flower incense holder tutorial. Alternatively, for a more simple option, explore the less messy incense burner. Making a DIY incense holder is relaxing and enjoyable activity, and the result, whether a basic incense stick holder or a more fancy incense burner, becomes a special part of your home’s ambiance.
Each DIY incense holder guide gives you clear directions and a list of materials you need. Many of them also have pictures and videos to help you along the way. A homemade incense holder is a great way to express yourself and make your space more inviting.
Making your own incense holder is a creative and enjoyable process. So, get ready with your materials and let your imagination run wild in making your own incense holder. It’s time to improve your aromatherapy experience with a DIY incense holder!
How to Make Your Own Incense Holder with Simple Materials
Making your own incense holder is a fun and rewarding activity that can enhance your mood, relaxation, and meditation. You don’t need to spend a lot of money or time to create a beautiful and functional incense holder that suits your style and personality. All you need are some simple materials and tools that you can find at home or in a craft store.
Some of the basic materials and tools that you will need are:
- Clay: You can use any clay that is oven-safe, such as polymer clay, air-dry clay, or ceramic clay. Clay is easy to shape and mold into any design you want. You can also mix different colors of clay to create unique patterns and effects.
- Wood: You can use any wood that is smooth and sturdy, such as bamboo, pine, or cedar. Wood is a natural and elegant material that can complement any decor. You can also carve, paint, or stain the wood to add some details and texture.
- Metal: You can use any metal that is thin and flexible, such as copper, brass, or aluminum. Metal is a durable and shiny material that can reflect light and create a modern look. You can also bend, cut, or solder the metal to form different shapes and sizes.
- Glue: You can use any glue that is strong and fast-drying, such as super glue, hot glue, or epoxy glue. Glue is essential for attaching different parts of your incense holder together. You can also use glue to add some embellishments, such as beads, crystals, or feathers.
- Scissors: You can use any scissors that are sharp and comfortable to use, such as craft scissors, kitchen scissors, or utility scissors. Scissors are useful for cutting the clay, wood, or metal into the desired dimensions and shapes.
- Oven: You can use any oven that is safe and reliable, such as a conventional oven, a toaster oven, or a microwave oven. Oven is necessary for baking the clay incense holder and hardening it. You can also use the oven to melt some wax or resin to coat the wood or metal incense holder and make it more durable.
These are just some of the basic materials and tools that you will need to make your own incense holder. Of course, you can also use other materials and tools that you have at hand or prefer to work with. The most important thing is to have fun and be creative!
Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Clay Incense Holder
One of the easiest and most popular ways to make your own incense holder is using clay. Clay is a versatile and inexpensive material that you can shape into any form you want. Here are some easy steps to follow to make a clay incense holder:
- Choose the type and color of clay that you want to use. You can use one color or mix different colors together to create a marble effect.
- Knead the clay until it is soft and smooth. You can use your hands or a rolling pin to do this.
- Roll out the clay into a thin sheet using a rolling pin or a bottle. You can also use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut out the shape that you want for your incense holder base.
- Make a hole in the center of the clay base using a toothpick or a straw. This is where you will insert the incense stick later.
- Decorate the clay base as you wish. You can use stamps, molds, textures, paints, or other tools to add some details and designs to your clay base.
- Bake the clay base in the oven according to the instructions on the package. Usually, this takes about 15 to 30 minutes at 275°F (135°C). Make sure to place the clay base on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Let the clay base cool down completely before handling it. You can also apply some varnish or glaze to seal and protect the clay base if you want.
- Enjoy your clay incense holder! You can now insert an incense stick into the hole and light it up.
You have just made your own clay incense holder in simple steps! You can also make multiple clay bases and swap them depending on your mood or occasion.
How to Choose the Right Incense for Your Incense Holder
Now that you have made your own incense holder, you might be wondering how to choose the right incense for it. Incense is a fragrant material that produces smoke when burned. It is used for various purposes, such as aromatherapy, meditation, relaxation, spirituality, or simply creating a pleasant atmosphere.
There are many types and varieties of incense available in the market today. Some of the factors that you should consider when choosing the right incense for your incense holder are:
- The size and shape of the incense: Choose the incense that fits your incense holder well. For example, if you have a clay incense holder with a hole in the center, you should choose an incense stick that can fit into the hole. If you have a wood or metal incense holder with a tray or a bowl, you should choose an incense cone or an incense coil that can sit on the tray or the bowl.
- The scent and quality of the incense: You should choose the incense that smells good and lasts long. For example, if you like floral scents, you should choose an incense that contains rose, jasmine, or lavender. If you like woody scents, you should choose an incense that contains sandalwood, cedar, or pine. You should also choose an incense that is made from natural and organic ingredients, such as herbs, spices, resins, or oils. Avoid incense that is made from synthetic or artificial materials, such as chemicals, plastics, or metals. These can produce harmful fumes and damage your health and environment.
- The purpose and occasion of using the incense: Try the incense that matches your intention and mood. For example, if you want to use the incense for meditation or spirituality, you should choose an incense that has a calming and soothing effect, such as frankincense, myrrh, or sage. If you want to use the incense for relaxation or romance, you should choose an incense that has a stimulating and sensual effect, such as vanilla, cinnamon, or musk. If you want to use the incense for cleansing or purifying, you should choose an incense that has a refreshing and energizing effect, such as lemon, mint, or eucalyptus.
These are some of the factors that you should consider when choosing the right incense for your incense holder. Of course, you can also experiment with different types and varieties of incense and find out what works best for you.
How to Clean and Maintain Your Incense Holder
Another thing that you should know about making and using your own incense holder is how to clean and maintain it. Cleaning and maintaining your incense holder is important for keeping it in good condition and preventing any problems, such as clogging, staining, or fire hazards.
Some of the tips and methods that you can use to clean and maintain your incense holder are:
- Wipe off the ash regularly: You should wipe off the ash from your incense holder after each use using a soft cloth or a paper towel. This will prevent the ash from accumulating and clogging the hole or the tray of your incense holder. It will also prevent the ash from staining or damaging the surface of your incense holder.
- Wash with warm water and soap: You should wash your incense holder with warm water and soap once in a while using a sponge or a brush. This will remove any dirt, dust, or residue from your incense holder. It will also restore the shine and color of your incense holder.
- Use natural and safe cleaning agents: You should use natural and safe cleaning agents to clean your incense holder instead of harsh chemicals or abrasives. For example, you can use vinegar, baking soda, or lemon juice to remove any stains or odors from your clay or metal incense holder. You can also use olive oil or beeswax to polish and protect your wood or metal incense holder.
- Dry thoroughly before storing: You should dry your incense holder thoroughly before storing it in a cool and dry place. This will prevent any moisture from causing mold or rust on your incense holder. It will also prevent any insects or rodents from infesting your incense holder.
These are some of the tips and methods that you can use to clean and maintain your incense holder. By doing so, you can extend the life span and beauty of your incense holder.
How to Use Your Incense Holder Safely and Effectively
The last thing that you should know about making and using your own incense holder is how to use it safely and effectively. Using your incense holder safely and effectively is essential for enjoying its benefits without causing any harm to yourself or others.
Some of the best practices that you should follow when using your incense holder are:
- Place your incense holder in a well-ventilated area: You should place your incense holder in a well-ventilated area away from any windows, doors, fans, or air conditioners. This will allow the smoke from the incense to circulate freely and evenly in the room. It will also prevent any suffocation or irritation from the smoke.
- Keep your incense holder away from flammable objects: You should keep your incense holder away from any flammable objects such as curtains, carpets, furniture, papers, or clothes. This will prevent any fire accidents from any fire accidents or burns that might occur from the incense. You should also keep your incense holder away from any pets or children who might knock it over or touch it.
- Dispose of the ash properly: You should dispose of the ash from your incense holder properly after each use. You can either throw it away in a trash bin or compost it in a garden. You should not flush it down the toilet or sink as it might clog the pipes. You should also make sure that the ash is completely cool and extinguished before disposing of it.
- Follow the instructions and precautions of the incense: You should follow the instructions and precautions of the incense that you are using with your incense holder. You should read the label and the package of the incense carefully and follow the directions on how to light, burn, and store the incense. You should also pay attention to any warnings or cautions that might be given on the incense, such as allergic reactions, health risks, or environmental impacts.
These are some of the best practices that you should follow when using your incense holder. By doing so, you can use your incense holder safely and effectively and enjoy its benefits without any worries.
DIY Incense Holder Ideas
Incense holders are great for creating a relaxing and aromatic atmosphere in your home. There are many different ways to make your own incense holder using various materials and techniques. Here are some DIY incense holder ideas that you might like to try:
1. How to Make an Incense Holder
Add a beautiful scent to your home with this easy DIY incense holder! Perfect for christmas, this holder is simple and lovely enough to leave out all year round. You can quickly burn through your incense collection with just a few materials like wood, sandpaper, and glue. Not only does it look great, but now you can enjoy the wonderful scents of incense without worrying about where it’s stored or how long until it’s used up. Grab some wood today and make an amazing DIY incense holder! themerrythought
2. Incense Holder Plus the Lowdown on Aromatherapy
Transform your home into a tranquil oasis this autumn with this DIY incense holder. With just some white air-dry clay, a skewer or toothpick and black acrylic paint, you can make a beautiful handmade piece to enjoy aromatherapy’s comforting smells while relaxing under warm blankets.
Once it’s painted and sealed with high gloss varnish, your exquisite new incense holder will be burning away in no time – makingan atmosphere perfect for winding down after a long day. Make this easy DIY project today and experience the many healing benefits of aromatherapy! curbly
3. Incense Holder Idea From a Recycled Vinyl Record
Start your day with a lovely scent of incense! Make your DIY incense holder from a recycled vinyl record. Crafting the perfect holder is easy and fun – all you need are a vinyl record, some fine sandpaper, and heavy-duty scissors. You can make an eco-friendly incense holder to make every morning special. The light woodsy smell of incense will transform your mornings into something extraordinary! Get creative and craft the perfect one-of-a-kind piece that creates the ideal mood in your home. creativefashion
4. Make Your Own Incense Holder
Make your house more inviting with a DIY incense holder! This super simple project uses air dry clay, acrylic paint, clear varnish and sandpaper block to make something practical and beautiful. Decorate it however you’d like – remember, the result will be a long-lasting home accessory. With just a few easy steps, you can quickly have an incense holder ready! Everyone will love this special addition to any room in the house, whether for yourself or as a gift. Get creative and make your unique design today – you won’t regret it! burkatron
5. Terrazzo Style Clay Incense Holder Design
Terrazzo-style clay incense holder is the perfect way to add a beautiful and fragrant touch to your home. The minimalist-shaped holder is made from oven-bake clay for a unique terrazzo-style look that will catch the eye. Use it to store your favorite incense sticks, such as sandalwood or frankincense, which will make any room feel more relaxed at the end of the day.
It also makes an excellent housewarming present when paired with some incense! To make this holder, you’ll need an acrylic roller, colored oven-bake clay for the base color and specks, parchment paper, plastic straw and an oven-safe cylinder like a mason jar or aluminum can. abeautifulmess
6. Cute DIY Clay Incense Holder
Enhance your experience of burning incense sticks with a clay incense holder. This easy DIY project only takes less than 5 minutes and is the perfect way to make a magical atmosphere in any space. Start by shaping modeling clay into a sphere and then imprinting a button with a relief design on the surface. Finally, make sure there’s a hole in the middle using a stick or straw for your holder, and you’re ready! Impress guests with this simple yet elegant craft – get your clay incense holder today! journeycreativity
7. Handmade Concrete Incense Holder
Craft something unique that will last forever with DIY concrete incense holders! All you need is maker mix, a silicone soap mold, water, canola oil and nails. Get creative, as concrete has many cracks, crevices, and color variations to give your room an industrial yet modern look. Decorate with tough and durable pieces that will never go out of style–DIY concrete incense holders are the coolest way to spruce up any space! domesticaf
8. Rose Marbled Incense Holder Out of Clay
Make an inviting atmosphere in your home with these clay rose-marbled DIY incense holders. Instantly transform any room into a calming haven by burning incense for a natural, earthy scent without the cold draft. So easy to make and takes no time, you’ll need just three supplies – a rolling pin, parchment paper and polymer clay! Make your home feel warm and inspiring today with these one-of-a-kind incense holders that will impress you. sugarandcloth
9. Making an Incense Stick Holder
Looking for a fun summer craft project? Try making your DIY incense holder! With just some oven-bake clay, a roller, craft paint, and glaze, you can make the perfect functional and pretty outdoor accessory to keep bugs away and make your yard smell like an exotic paradise. Get creative with color combinations and patterns or stay true to a classic style – either way, it’s sure to dress up any outdoor space in no time. Start crafting today and enjoy the aroma of success! lovelyindeed
10. Simple DIY Less Mess Incense Burner
Unleash the aroma of your favorite scents with an all-new homemade incense burner! This burner catches all of the mess that incense can make and is simple enough to make so you can hide it for later cleanup.
You only need a ceramic ring dish, polymer clay, super strong glue, spray paint and a wooden skewer. Start crafting now and have an amazing-looking incense burner within minutes. No mess or hassle – just quick and easy craft fun! Get creative with different colors and textures for a unique piece that looks great in any home décor setting. dreamalittlebig
11. Quick DIY Incense Holders for Valentine’s Day
This valentine’s day, show your loved one how special they are with a handmade gift! Make them an incense holder using some polymer clay and a toothpick. This easy DIY guide will have you finished quickly to catch you on time. Best of all, this thoughtful present only costs around $10 to make! Show your partner that homemade gifts can be both unique and meaningful – get crafting today for the perfect valentine’s day surprise! jesslizama
12. Homemade Air Dry Clay Incense Holder
Bring the serenity of nature into your home with a unique yellow, white, and green clay collection of incense holders! Craft a cute, one-of-a-kind design that is easy to make and does not require baking. Roll out the clay, cut it into your desired shape, let it dry overnight, and you’re done! Spread newspaper on the table for easy cleanup afterward. Light up your favorite incense in your handmade masterpiece with yellow, white and green air dry clay. instructables
13. How to Do Incense Holder
Unlock your inner artisan and breathe new energy into your home with an unexpected twist on a kitchen item, turning it into a stylish incense holder. This project requires an old salt/pepper shaker, an old saucer dish, barrel cobalt blue primer, folk art metallic gold primer, and gold metallic paint.
Make a one-of-a-kind incense holder that will be the envy of your friends by following the easy instructions included in this tutorial. Choose colors that appeal to you – have fun and get creative! In no time, you’ll have your stylish incense holder that offers both novelty and functionality. debdoozle
14. Polymer Clay Flower Incense Holder Tutorial
Infuse your space with the mesmerizing scent of your favorite fragrances by designing a unique incense holder. All you need is one polymer clay package, available for as low as $2. Begin by rolling a marble-sized ball out of the clay, then make several petal-shaped pieces to form the design. Get creative and craft something that can add a special touch to any room in your home or office. So why not give it a try? You’ll be sure to love the results – plus, you get all the satisfaction from making something yourself! craftylittlegnome
15. Make an Incense Holder
Learn how to make unique incense holders with simple supplies found in any local store or at home! This DIY guide will help you craft various incense holders quickly and easily without breaking the bank. Get creative and add a personal touch to every holder – perfect for adding extra life to your home. So don’t wait – grab the supplies now and get started on these fun DIY projects today!
16. DIY Painted Incense Holder
Take a journey beyond the mundane and into a world of captivating aromas with this beautiful incense holder. This simple project is so easy to do you’ll have a stick burning away in no time! All you need is some clay and black paint – mix the colors for an interesting splatter effect. Perfect for adding a DIY touch to your home decor while enjoying a cozy night with a good book. Get crafty today and make your unique incense holder!
17. Best DIY Backflow Incense Burner
Step into a world of possibilities and ignite your imagination with your backflow incense burner! Make an amazing smoke fountain that will be the centerpiece of your home with just clay, super glue, and black paint. Perfect for making special moments even more magical by filling your space with captivating aromas. Follow this easy step-by-step guide to make this one-of-a-kind backflow incense burner sure to impress all who see it. Try it today and make something truly unforgettable!
18. Backflow Waterfall Incense Burner
Transform your home into an oasis with this DIY backflow waterfall incense burner/smoke fountain! With just a plastic jar, aluminum foil, paint and varnish, you can make a unique and amazing design that will give any room or outdoor area a stunning waterfall for an eye-catching look. Whether you’re looking to enhance the air quality of your living space, make a cozy atmosphere or enjoy the aroma of incense, this DIY project will satisfy all your needs. Get creative and make something special – it’s easy to do in no time!
19. Unique DIY Incense Holder
Make a magical clay flower design incense holder to upgrade your home’s beauty! You can do this perfect project at home using clay and paint. Design your unique incense holder with a lotus motif, bringing extra style and serenity to any room. It’s a simple yet beautiful way to add ambiance and make your house feel more like home. Get creative with color combinations, or choose neutral tones to match any decorating scheme. Make this easy but eye-catching candle or incense holder today and enjoy its calming effect in your space!
20. Incense Clay Stick Holder Decor
Enhance your home’s atmosphere with a DIY clay incense stick holder. This simple project is easy to make and requires just a few tools and steps. Start by flattening some air-dry clay, then use a toothpick to draw veins for added realism. Finally, paint the holder in your preferred color to make an elegant leaf design that will help bring life into any room. Enjoy breathing in the scented aroma of incense sticks as you relax, knowing you made this stunning holder yourself! Today, add beauty, peace, and serenity to any living space with your homemade DIY clay incense stick holder!
21. Easy DIY Incense Holder at Home
Are you looking for a creative way to upcycle your waste materials and make something unique for your home? Here is the DIY incense stick holder. With just some glue, colorful sticks, and little flowers, you can make an amazing piece of art that will be the perfect addition to any room. Learn how to make an incense holder with this easy-to-follow tutorial so you can craft something extraordinary from everyday items!
22. Simple Incense Holders Project
Love making creative crafts? Make your DIY incense holder with cement! These amazing DIY ideas are fun and easy to do, plus you can make it truly unique with paint and varnish. A great way to add something special to your home or workspace, these mini craft incense holders will surely become a conversation piece. Get all the supplies you need and make your special style today! Show off your creativity with this simple yet stylish design that will look lovely in any room.
23. Making Your Own Incense Holder
Make a unique and fun craft with your hands using clay and paint to make DIY incense holders! This handmade incense stick holder is perfect for anyone looking to add personality to their home décor. Plus, it’s easy to make! Follow this step-by-step guide on makingthis small animal incense holder in no time. If you have the supplies ready, you can begin makingamazing pieces of art that will transform any room into something special. So why not try making this one-of-a-kind DIY incense holder today? You won’t regret it!
24. DIY Incense Holder on Budget
Unique, handmade smoke waterfall incense holder is a must-have for any home! Enhance the beauty of your space while giving it an amazing aroma with this beautiful piece. Made from thermocol and white cement, painted with acrylic color and coated in clear varnish. Light your favorite incense to watch as its smoke plunges into a pool at the bottom, makingan incredible waterfall effect that will fill your home with its wonderful smell. Get yours now and make this masterpiece of art part of your décor today!
25. Backflow Incense Holder Using Clay
Want to make a unique incense holder? Try fevicryl molded clay! This simple material is perfect for crafting an eye-catching, beautiful backflow incense holder with your personal touch. You can choose from a wide assortment of vibrant colors that will give your project life and bring out the best in your design. And with basic supplies like clay, paint, and glue, you can make something extraordinary quickly! Transform any space into something unique by makingyour backflow incense holder today using fevicryl molded clay!
We hope you enjoyed this article on 25 homemade DIY incense holder ideas to make. Incense holders are not only practical accessories for your aromatherapy, but also creative and personal expressions of your style and taste. You can make them with various materials, such as clay, wood, metal, or even recycled items. Also, you can choose from different designs, such as terrazzo, leaf, marble, or bird. You can find easy-to-follow guides, materials lists, pictures, and videos for each idea in this article.
Making your own incense holder is a rewarding and relaxing experience. You can have fun with the process and customize your holder to suit your preferences. You can also gift them to your friends and family who appreciate incense and crafts. A homemade incense holder is a great way to add some warmth, coziness, and fragrance to your space.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your materials and start making your own incense holder today. You will love the results and the benefits of burning incense in your home.